Mosquito control specialist | Redlands and Brisbane
MOSQUITO PROBLEM OUT OF CONTROL? TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND ENJOY YOUR OUTDOOR AREAS AGAIN, CALL THE MOSQUITO CONTROL EXPERTS AT ALLPRO PEST CONTROL
Reclaim your outdoors from Mozzies!
- Redlands, Bayside and South Brisbane
Mosquito control treatments
Specialist mosquito control from the experts
Brisbane is a hot spot for mosquitoes due to its sub-tropical climate and presence of coastal mangrove swamps. Although the Zika virus is not established in Australia, we do have a range of other mosquito borne diseases, including Ross River Virus - so controlling mosquitoes is not just about reclaiming your backyard, but it is important to protect your family from potentially debilitating diseases.
Mosquito control for home owners
Although many home owners tackle occasional or light mosquito problems with supermarket products, when the mosquito population explodes the problem can be overwhelming. Our outdoor mosquito "barrier" treatment around the perimeter of the property, coupled with standard mosquito prevention tips can make your mosquito problems a thing of the past.
Our Mosquito Barrier treatment
Our general pest control treatment does not cover mosquitoes, as mosquito control requires special products and equipment. Although nothing can be done to stop mosquitoes flying into your property, our Mosquito Barrier treatment is designed to target the mosquitoes where they land and rest. Mosquitoes are not great flyers and rest in sheltered areas, especially during the day. By carrying out a complete treatment of mosquito resting areas, we create a mosquito interception zone, controlling the mosquitoes before they get to you!
Our Mosquito Barrier treatment includes
- Spray and mist mosquito hiding places; sides of buildings, under eaves and decking, underside of foliage
- UV and rain resistant - lasts up to 3 months (conditional warranty)
- Assistance and tips to eliminate mosquito breeding places
Our Up to 3 month warranty is a "fair go" warranty. Our treatment is proven to deliver excellent mosquito control, but no treatment can guarantee 100% control. If you still have a significant problem after treatment and you have eliminated any identified breeding spots, we will carry out a re-treatment. The "fair-go" means that the UP TO component of the warranty should be considered - for example a call one week before the end of the 3 month period, will not result in a re-treatment.
THE UNDERSIDE OF FOLIAGE IS A FAVOURITE MOSQUITO HIDING PLACE
Mosquito control for hotels and businesses
If you are a hotel or business where you require shared outdoor areas to be enjoyed (rather than avoided!), give us a call to discuss mosquito management programs. We can tailor a mosquito management program to your situation, often including a combination of spray and misting treatments, larval treatments to water bodies, mosquito traps and other mosquito management techniques.
If your mosquito problem is an ongoing problem, rather than an "one-off" outbreak, a regular treatment program may be required to keep the mosquito numbers down so you can enjoy outdoor entertaining.
Give us a call today to reclaim your backyard!
Mosquito prevention tips - What can you do?
Adult mosquitoes tend to hang around breeding spots - they lay their eggs in still or slow moving water. So if you can eliminate breeding spots on your property, its a good first step in keeping the mosquito population down. Here are the potential mosquito breeding places around your home and what you need to do, to prevent mosquitoes breeding.
- Pot plants: Empty any water from plant pots or from the leaves of bromeliads once a week
- Ponds and water features: Make sure you have enough fish in any ponds to keep mosquito larvae in check and keep vegetation away from the edge of the water.
- Drains and gutters: Ensure drains and gutters are flowing freely and water is not pooling. Remove leaves from gutters.
- Rainwater tanks: Rainwater tanks need to have solid, close fitting lids on any access points and mosquito proof meshes on all inlets and overflows (mesh less than 1 mm). This prevents access by adult mosquitoes and also prevents eggs or larvae being washed in from pooled water in the gutter.
- Swimming Pools: Make sure swimming pool chlorine / salt levels are kept up and remove any leaves from the pool.
- Site drainage: If long lasting puddles persist (longer than a week) after a period of rain, improve drainage or level the ground to prevent puddles.
MOSQUITOES CAN BREED IN BROMELIADS